Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year and a new view of art

I am finally going to start this blog. I have been circling and thinking about it for at least a month but with the beginning of the New Year I decided to take the plunge.
My blog coincides with a new direction in my painting. I have been reading and viewing the daily painters on line and think that is has much to offer. So I am going to use this blog to explore this form of painting.

I am also interested in giving a glimpse of the world of art in central Ohio. All of this is a hope and a challenge to myself.

I did begin this process with some small still life paintings the first one I made thinking of all the tomatoes my husband grew in his garden this summer. It is small 6" x 6" and is oil on a gesso panel.

I was surprised how much I liked it and plan to do more.
 

Wishing you a New Year full of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment